Tracking an iPhone by phone number: Many people have always one question in mind that is it possible to track an iPhone using the only mobile number? well, if I say frankly then this is close to impossible task. But still Tracking of iPhones has been possible because of some apps and IMEI number as well. Since a long time, it was an effort of many technocrats to make possible the tracking of iPhones using only its number only. But keeping everything aside tracking an iPhone by phone number is not that simple.
In this article, we will cover all the details of tracking of an iPhone using its number. We will also cover the mSpy program that is helpful in getting back a lost iPhone.
Tracking an iPhone by phone number
Well, tracking an iPhone using the phone number is not that much easy. Especially when it is stolen. In such cases, the phone number that is with us is generally provided by the cellular provider. So in such cases, when your iPhone is stolen, then there is a high chance that the thief might have changed the sim. Hence that number will not be a valid number anymore. So in such situation, there is a very little chance to get back the iPhone by tracking it using that number only.
Tracking of iPhone using its number is only possible if the culprit has not changed the sim card. But it is also a dark truth that once the phone is stolen, immediately its sim card, as well as IMEI number, is changed by the culprit. So in such cases, the only thing a user can do is contact the cellular provider to make a triangulation procedure. Another way to tell him to inform about any call to that number. So tracking of iPhone with a mobile number is not 100 Percent working. its difficult to track its frequent changes of position with only tracking the number. The only thing that is possible is that the last position can be detected.
Steps to track iPhone with number
Using Find My iPhone is an app that can be helpful in tracking a lost iPhone. below are some steps with pictures that will describe in a very easy manner.
- First of all open “settings” that is present on the home page
- Now tap on the Apple ID. If you are not signed in then just sign in by entering your Apple ID and Password. For older version of iOS doing this step is, not mandatory.
- In the second section of the menu click on iCloud
- Now scroll down. You will get an option “Find My iPhone”. Now click on that.
- Then slide the “”Find My iPhone” option to ON position. Now it turns green once it is ON. It will now detect the iPhone location using another device.
- Now Slide on the Send Last Location” to the “On” position. It will show the phone’s last position before the full discharge of the battery.
Another method to track lost iPhone with number
- First of all open Open Find My iPhone on another device just by launching the app on a mobile. You can also directly open iCloud in a web browser.
- Now sign in with your Apple ID
- Now it should display the list of all the iPhones along with the locations. So once you choose your iPhone it will zoom out to show you clearly. But if the battery of your phone is discharged, then it won’t be able to show the location of the iPhone. It will only show the last location when it was on ON position.
- Now tap on Action which is present at the bottom- center of the screen
- Then play on Play Sound button. This is present at the bottom left corner of the screen
- Tap on Lost Mode. This button is present at the bottom-center of the screen. if the phone is lost somewhere nearby then it will be helpful to get it back.
- Erase iPhone option is present at the lower-right corner of the screen. If you think you may not get back your iPhone anymore and don’t want to compromise with the personal data that you have on that phone, then choose this option.